Sonia and Ron moved into their new home earlier this year. The 1.5 acre property has some great potential but could really use a good kick start to clean up areas that have been previously neglected and get some long term pot plants (some that have been carted around for years!) planted into their "forever" locations.
Jobs on the day may include: sheet mulching; weeding; barerooting existing plants; planting out new plants; clearing out neglected areas of old fencing; repairing and chicken proofing existing fencing; restoring old chicken coops; relocating paving and edging.
Introduction to Beekeeping
Full weekend course August 20-21, 2016
Presenter: David Elms
Time: 9am - 5pm
Venue: G Place (Former Golden Point Primary School), 102 English Street, Golden Point, Ballarat
Over the weekend, David will cover the fundamentals of beekeeping, including topics such as:
Would you like to do a Permaculture Design Course in 2016?
Ballarat Permaculture Guild is running a PDC beginning Sunday May 1.
It will run 15 Sundays (excluding School Holidays) finishing Sunday August 28, 2016. Venue will be in Sebastopol.
This course is especially relevant for those who want a higher quality educational experience than a two week intensive allows. The extended format allows you to integrate your learnings and apply them at home each week.
If you have a busy week, can't take a weekday off, can't afford to spend two weeks holiday on a course or just want to have a great Sunday to look forward to each week, this is the course for you!
No previous permaculture experience necessary. Presenters include Beck Lowe, Ian Lillington, Steve Burns, David Holmgren, Sonia van Dorssen, Paul Ryle, David Davidson, Yonke van Geloven, and a range of other local experts & specialists. We visit many local permaculture sites, including Melliodora, home of permaculture co-founder David Holmgren.
Course fees: $995 full fee. Concession $495
To enrol click here
Please read Conditions of Enrolment carefully before registering for course.
Conditions of Enrolment:
- Deposit of $100 is due with enrolment (see bank details below)
- Deadline for enrolment is extended to April 30th, 2016
- Full payment is due May 1st.
- In the event that the course is cancelled, all monies will be refunded in full
- Withdrawal of your enrolment before course starts must be notified to Coordinator a full 7 days in advance for refund of fees, less deposit.
- Withdrawal from course after it has begun will not attract a refund, as operational costs still have to be met.
- Concession rate ($495) is available to pension/health care card holders (proof required, call Karen 0488077628).
Note: Payment in installments may be possible in exceptional circumstances, but must be discussed with Coordinator before course begins.
All payments must be made to the following account, either by direct debit or over the counter at the bank. Credit Card facilities are NOT available and cash will not be taken.
Bendigo Bank: BSB: 633-000 Account: 135425353
***It is important that you include your Last Name as the payment note
All the fresh local produce you have come to expect at a Farmers Market!
- Locally grown fresh fruit, vegetable, cut flowers and herbs
- Locally grown plants and seeds
- Locally produced fresh foods and preserves
- Items for home gardens, produce storage and preserving.
- Items for homes, gardens and personal use made from recycled products.
- Displays and information that relate to our sustainability themes.
The market will operate on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month at Windmil Drive, Lake Wendouree, opposite the Ballarat Botanical Gardens.