Want to know more about bush foods and other uses for Australian native plants?
Join us for a presentation by-
author of Bush Foods and Survival Plants of South East Australia and founder of Walkabout Education
Jamie will be sharing his extensive knowledge about some of our native plants and their uses. He has a lifetime of experience, having grown up on the Mornington Peninsula and spent most of his time in the bush or at the coastal reserves
He has formal training in horticulture, works closely with traditional custodians and is a wealth of information when it comes to traditional Aboriginal uses of plants that are indigenous to Victoria & Tasmania.
When: Sunday 21st October, 2018 at 2pm
Where: Eureka Memorial Hall, Stawell St South, Ballarat
Cost: $10 (including tea/coffee/biscuits)
Jamie will be selling his book at this event
On Day One, we learn about the ethics and design principles that underpin permaculture. We also visit one or two local sites to see how people have implemented permaculture design.
- To BEE or not to BEE?
- Grafting workshop
- To Bee or not to Bee?
- Introduction to Vegetable Growing
- Recipe Swap & Preserving Tips
- Seedling Propagating Workshop
- Introducing Chickens
- Potager Garden Talk
- Herbal workshop
- Herbal medicine from your backyard
- Olive Picking and Preserving
- Passata Making Day
- Medicinal Herbs workshop 2014
- Herbal Creams workshop
- New Gardener's Club/Workshops
- March 2015 Chicken K&D
- Permaculture information night & supper
- Plum Grafting workshop
- Wicking bed workshop
- Seed Saving
- Introduction to a Kitchen Garden
- Meredith Seed Saving Workshop
- The Essence of Edible Ecosystems with Dave Jacke
- 2018 Apple Grafting workshop
- Fruit tree pruning skill share
- Mushroom Workshop
- Keyline with Darren Doherty
- Rocket stove barrel oven workshop
- PC teacher training 2018