July 13th and Sunday 25th August 2013
After the first Blitz was rained out, there was an afternoon mini-blitz to finish off the big jobs.
Thanks to Joe, Mary and Jeremy who helped get all the fence posts in at the mini blitz.
The Original Rainy Day in July - was Saturday, 13 July 2013 - 10am to 4pm
Jill & Paul have a half an acre on the edge of the Buninyong township where they are slowly building a productive garden with many sustainable aspects.
People wanting to learn from other Permaculture members about grey water systems and fence building are encouraged to come along.
- Some of the tasks to be worked towards on the day are:
- Re-align the baths in the grey water system
- Build a fence with two gates
- Convert some raised garden beds to wicking beds
- Refurbish paths around garden beds with mulch
- Build an edge to existing herb garden
- Make wicking beds out of half wine barrels
- Plant fruit trees in chicken run
- New roof on small chicken coop
- Prune drive way buddleia general weeding and tidying up depending on how many people can come.