Sunday July 27th
9am until 5pm
As well as the usual fun and frivolity of a permablitz, we are adding a new element to our permablitz program by having a DIY section - we'll be building a solar dehydrator over the course of the day. Steve has selected plans for a large solar dehydrator (with wheels) that he'll be putting to good use next Summer.... it's the perfect group build project if the weather is a bit damp for us on the day. Copies of the plans and instructions will be available on the day.
Other jobs will include:
- finishing the berry tunnel that we started at Steve's last blitz in 2011 (nice to complete the circle)
- work on the new duck yard
- a new garden bed along the studio verandah
- further plantings in the developing food forest area
- building new compost bays in the veggie garden
- extending the concrete block & white stone paving under the verandah
Steve has a couple of WWOOFers from mid June onwards so they exact jobs list may change, but will include a mix of indoor and outdoor jobs so that we will have things to do, rain or shine. Those with long memories will remember the amusing sight of Steve & Ian (Uber) yelping as they concreted in posts while standing in a storm of hailstones... we're hoping to cater for all weather outcomes by having a diverse jobs list... and plenty of undercover spots to work!