Jean, Peter & family have an urban quarter acre block in Alfredton that they want to transform into their own productive, integrated permaculture garden. This will be a short blitz to kick-start them with some groundwork preparation.
Jobs on the day include …
• Trenching (swales) & mounding soil to define garden beds and help with drainage.
• Sheet mulching areas in preparation for winter/spring planting.
• Shifting and spreading wood chip for the mulching.
• Removal of 2 suckering tree stumps.
• … and the always present general weeding and cleaning of existing garden areas.
Please bring your own gloves, wear sturdy footwear and suitable clothing – the blitz will go ahead even if it is raining.
The trailer and tools may not be available, so if you are able to, please bring any of the following tools:
Pick, shovel, mattock, fork, wheelbarrow and any spare corrugated cardboard for mulching.